Parent and Family Services
We have a friendly family support team made up of three professional family support workers and a team leader. The family support workers all have either a child with Downs Syndrome or other disability; we, therefore, understand some of the challenges you may go through.
Our range of services are there to help you get the support and information you require but more than that, to bring you together with others in a similar situation.
Our friendly and experienced team offer emotional support and understanding.
- Offer you a free, confidential support service.
- Provide you with information about Down Syndrome as a condition.
- Introduce you to other families.
- Give you guidance on early intervention strategies to use with your child to support their development.
- Let you know about local services and help you to access them.
- Give you information about benefits and support you in accessing them.
- Offer you support throughout the whole school entry and transition process, including questions to ask when looking around a prospective school, Education Health and Care Plans, training for school staff and help with school meetings.
- Join us for a coffee and a chat at one of our coffee mornings. These groups can provide opportunities to share feelings and concerns, celebrate achievements and to learn from the experiences of others who have been in your shoes.
- Come to one of our training events and workshops on subjects such as communication, sleep and behaviour.
- Meet other families at one of our Family Days.