Inputting into your child's EHCP can be a challenge

If you find it over overwhelming for whatever reason, do call us on 01278 691100 and we will help you. One of our family support team can give you phone support, or you can visit us at our base in Westonzoyland, near Bridgwater. In some circumstances, we can visit you at home.

Education Health Care Plans

An Education, Health, and Care (EHC) plan is for children and young people aged up to 25 who need more support than is available through special educational needs support.

A request to your local authority for an EHC plan can be made by anyone including doctors, health visitors, teachers, parents and family friends. A young person can request an assessment themselves if they’re aged 16 to 25. The local authority will tell you within 16 weeks whether an EHC plan is going to be made for your child.

A guide has been produced by Cerebra you can download a copy from their website Cerebra Education Health and Care Plans.

If you are told that your child is not entitled – Give us a call. 01278 691100


Share This